Be a Dogs Advocate
10 Things Your Dog Would Tell you
- My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years. Any separation from you will be painful: remember that before you get me..
- Give me time to understand what you want me to do.
- Place your trust in me - it is crucial for my well being.
- Do not be angry at me for long and do not lock me up as punishment.
- Your have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I only have you.
- Talk to me sometimes. Even if I don't understand your words, I understand your voice.
- Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget.
- Remember before you hit me I have sharp teeth that could easily hurt you but I choose not to bite you because I love you.
- Before you scold me for being uncooperative, obstinate or lazy, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I might not be getting the right food or I have been out too long or my heart is getting too old and weak.
- Take care of me when I get old. You too will grow old. Accompany me on difficult journeys. Never say, "I cannot bear to watch" or "Let it happen in my absence". Everything is easier for me if you are there - even my death. Remember that I love you.
Tags: dog advocate